Here are some things I plan on doing this summer:
- Going barefoot
- Spending 48 consecutive hours without wearing a watch
- Spending 48 consecutive hours without the internet
- Reading at least one terrible mystery novel
- Impulsively going to see a band I’ve never heard of
- Riding my bike aimlessly
- Getting a sandal tan
And whenever I can’t decide what to do, I’ll sleep on it.
In a hammock.
While this song plays.
What makes this a beautiful song:
1. The contrast between the ultra-deep kick drum and plinkety-plink glockenspiel at 1:15.
2. Despite the pounding 4/4 time of the drums, the bass skips along in triplets, like a kid playing hopscotch.
3. Although it feels like it could loop forever, the song grinds to a sudden halt, like summers often do.
Recommended listening activity:
Catching drips of ice cream as they make their way down the cone towards your fingers.